Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cures for Boredom | Chocolate Covered Strawberries




Use less salt.


I love Mayan style chocolate, which I like to call "chocolate with a kick" since it's been flavored with savory, spicy peppers. I love the homey warmth of honey in my sweets, as well, so when I had an 11PM sweet craving the other night and ZERO desire to leave my apartment, I checked the kitchen: strawberries, chocolate, cayenne pepper powder, honey.

It's GO time, people.
  • 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tbsp of milk (or cream, if you have it!)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup strawberries

    1. Set up a double boiler for melting your chocolate.
    2. Put the milk, chocolate chips, honey, and cayenne pepper in your double boiler and melt.
    3. Dip your strawberries in the melted chocolate, and set on a cookie sheet.
    4. Cool for 10 minutes, then take out and sprinkle rock salt over them.
    5. Cool for 10-15 more minutes if you can wait, or or just devour all of them as quickly as possible while watching True Blood on HBO.

I added a bit of rock salt to bring out a little more sweetness in the chocolate - but if you know what's good for you, you'll use a bit less than what's shown here ...

... looks good on camera, though. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment